Friday, August 13, 2010

The Regional

An update at last! As some of you know, mom and I took the past few weeks to get away and relax! Well, as relaxing as helping the the ATI regional can be ;) Visiting old friends and old memories at ITC is always an enjoyable experience! The weekend before the conference started, Sara and Aleita planned an amazing vintage picnic complete with classy decorations, soda in glass bottles, pinwheels, burgers and hot dogs on the grill, home made popsicles, and lots of yummy pie! 15 different pies, I think, was the final count for the pie baking contest. I believe all of us girls had more fun baking, than eating them all! My contribution ~ Lemon Meringue! Before dinner we had a blast laughing away pre-conference stress with a scavenger hunt, bubble blowing contest, 3 and 4 legged races, water balloon toss, and water balloon volleyball! The picnic was a huge success; a great way to get to know new staff, and have fun with old friends!

Abby and Savannah

Three legged races

Four legged races

Water balloon volley ball!
Then came the conference. (cue the scary background music...) O.K. so it wasn't that bad, even though a crazy buckeye put me in charge of conference line running ;) Grant it, there were a few memories I would prefer not to re-live, but then there are memories such as: sitting at the birthday table for Jessica's birthday, pre-conference house keeping with Ruthie, praying with all the line running girls before a stressful meal and seeing God work things out perfectly, making and delivering coffee for special people (though I think Becky and I determined that we needed to perfect our coffee making skills), jump starting the "Encouragement Office," helping to make a card for the kitchen crew and dishpit, (excuse me, I mean "Dish Palace"), playing volley ball and ultimate Frisbee with staff after chores, walking the canal, smoothies and Jone Soda's at the Chocolate Cafe, sitting in the circle talking with Sara... The list could go on.
Most of all, I thank the Lord for the amazing friends He has blessed me with!
Nary a day went by that I went to bed without being challenged in my walk with the Lord or encouraged to seek Him in a matter.
Thank you all for letting your lights shine so brightly!
Thanks to Chad Paine and Skyler Nelson for the pictures!

No comments: