Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gluten Free Banana Bread

Wow.  Has it really been since Valentine's day since I've posted anything?
I've got some fun times to tell you all about from my trip to Texas for the Independent Christian Film Makers Academy and Film Festival, but I thought I would wait until some one emailed me some pictures to enlighten you all on the fun we had and some of the things that I learned.

So, in the mean time, here is my favorite gluten free banana bread recipe!  Yes, gluten free.  But it taste pretty close to the real stuff. Promise.


First, Mix the dry ingredients:
1/2 C Arrowroot powder
1/2 C Tapioca flour 
1/2 C Bean flour
1/4 C Sorghum flour
1 heaping tsp. Xanthan gum
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Cinnamon

Mix separately:
1/3 C shortening and 2/3 C sugar
beat in 2 eggs
2-3 mashed bananas
1 tsp. Vanilla

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, you don't have to worry about over mixing, because there is no gluten :)  Stir in chocolate chips and chopped nuts of your choice if you wish. (as if you wouldn't....)

Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes

Enjoy!

For a quick variation simply substitute the bananas for a small can of pumpkin, and add an extra teaspoon of cinnamon, some cloves, and ginger. Yum!


No comments: