Monday, June 11, 2012

When The Going Gets Tough...

...The tough get going.  But by that time, is it too late?  Should "the tough" have been able to see the "tough going" on its way and been able to prepare for its arrival? 

The going is presenting some tough things in my life at present, and I'm regretting my lack of spiritual preparation. 

I am so quick to pray, read my Bible, and "walk circumspectly" when the going gets tough, but what of the times the going is easy? Why do I slack on the spiritual disciplines which should be a daily habit? I should have been able to see the tough times coming, should have been ready with my sword drawn, yet here I am staggering at this blow, scrambling just to find my shield. 

Though I am scared at the changes this "tough going" may bring, I must keep the faith.  
Through discouragement, slander, and accusation, I must know that all things work together for good.
Though I feel ill prepared for this situation, I must know He will equip me with the tools necessary to accomplish His purpose and that His purpose will be accomplished in me.
Though I want out of this situation, I know I must press through.  On the other side waits my Lord with "well done" on His lips.

May I remember.
Remember to watch
Remember to listen
Remember to keep His words even when the going is easy.
Because every now and then, the going gets tough.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Endure, girl! You can do it! I will pray for you. Life is hard, but God is good!

Ariel said...

Here's a dose of love, joy, and peace for you!

"In this world you will have trouble, but take heart. I have overcome the world."

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart. And you will find rest for your soul." (Anytime at all, He's there for us to call. And Jesus Himself is interceding for you, bearing your burdens.)

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
"So we say with confidence, the Lord is my Helper; I will not be afraid."

If the Lord is for us, who can be against us?
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us!

Thanks for your reminder to dig in when it's easy! I'm headed off to college soon, and this is a timely exhortation for the slower summertime before it.

~Ariel Rose (SSI camper you met last year)

Mary said...

Ariel, I remember you :) Thank you for the encouragement, and God bless you as you head off to college. Stay strong!