Saturday, October 22, 2011

Life In General These Days.....

Clay worked the rappelling
tower and rock climbing wall

Yes, that is me!
Wow. It seems like all summer has consisted of is being home for a week, then leaving the next! Today Mom and I returned from visiting Clay in Texas for two weeks. (yes, almost as soon as I published the post titled 'home again' I wasn't!) Mom and I had fun working in the kitchen with a great group of girls during family camp, but as you can see from the pictures, we found time to have fun outside of the kitchen as well! The highlight of the week for me, (aside from visiting with Clay) was seeing Lew Sterrett for the first time! The way he draws life lessons from horses and applies them to our life makes you look at life with a completely different perspective. I could not help but buy one of his books, Life Lessons From a Horse Whisperer. In one chapter he tells of a horse he trained that knew him so well he could blind fold the horse and direct him with without a bridle. The horse was solely directed by his master's voice and promptings. It made me think. When I don't know where I am going, when I'm seemingly 'blindfolded,' do I get frightened because I cannot see, or does it cause me to listen all the more closely to the master?

Yep! That's me too :)


Now that I'm home, life promises to keep me busy! I have finished all my classes for medical assisting and start the two month clinical portion of my training bright and early on Monday morning. I appreciate your prayers as I step completely out of my comfort zone!
So, because it has been so long since I've posted anything substantial and it promises to be that way for the next couple of months at least, here is a link to a blog article that has blessed me!
Be Blessed!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay! You blogged! I hope your clinicals go well. I will miss you.